The Alta III is ideal for all walking activities to the highest level. Tough, directional waterproof jacket for walking in mountains and hills throughout the year, including glacier walking and snowshoeing.
We've been asked for a zip-up jacket for a while, so here it is! Tested by OP team in the snowy Canadian Rockies, commuting across London and around Hackney - a great all-rounder!
Mountain walking involves exertion while moving, potentially being exposed to severe weather at height. To remain comfortable, you need efficient moisture control to prevent chilling, and ventilation options to reduce clothing changes.
The Alta III Jacket uses tough, directional Nikwax Analogy Waterproof fabric for excellent protection and moisture management. Good venting options allow temperature control, combined with walker-friendly design features.
How will your Paramo outperform breathable membrane garments?
The Nikwax Analogy system is designed not only to be extremely breathable, but also directional. That means that it directs liquid water as well as water vapour towards the outside of the garment, protecting your insulation.
Although breathable membranes allow moisture vapour to pass through them, they do nothing to transport liquid water. Therefore, when the production of sweat exceeds moisture vapour transfer, they begin to build up condensation, soaking inner clothing.
So Nikwax Analogy garments work much better for heavy work, and in colder or highly humid conditions, because they actively move all perspiration and condensation outwards.
- PFC-free DWR (Durable Water Repellent)
- WFTO-verified Fair Trade: from the Miquelina Foundation
Technical Features Include:
- Colour Midnight with Indigo zips.
- Upper arm vents for temperature control on the move without water ingress.
- Pump Liner reinforcement on shoulders and back for extra protection when load carrying or in heavy rain.
- Six pockets for essential equipment:
- Two handwarming pockets.
- Secure, fast access‚ chest pocket with D-ring attachment.
- Large external working pocket for maps.
- Secure internal map-sized chest pocket.
- Secure internal pocket on chest for valuables.
- Excellent field of vision and protection provided by fully adjustable wired-peak hood, which stows in collar. Works well with goggles and spectacles.
- Shoulder and arm articulation gives maximum movement without jacket riding up.
- Two-way locking front zip with Buttoned internal storm flap allows ventilation and access to inner layers.
- Adjustable cuffs easily pushed up or rolled for cooling.
- Waist cord adjustment for precise fit. Concealed cords and locks throughout improve water/ snow shedding.