An upgrade to the classic personal straw, the peak series adds much needed multi functionality into the design of the straw. The Straw will now allow one to screw a regular plastic bottle into the end, so you can use a plastic water bottle as a means of filtering water for use in cooking.
They have also improved the filter to speed up the flow rate.
A straw you can drink any water through? You are thirsty up a mountain, whether in the Andes, the Amazon or just above Ambleside we all know what it feels like to get thirsty but have run out of water.
LifeStraw is a portable water filter that effectively removes all bacteria and parasites responsible for causing common intestitanal diseases. LifeStraw requires no electrical power or spare parts and can be carried around for easy access to safe and clean water.
We aren't just talking getting the taste of London water out of it - we are beyond lucky in this country to have such amazing Engineers that can ensure we all have clean drinking water in every house! - we are talking removing the microbes and pond life from water sources like the actual Thames.
And by getting one for your adventures, you are supporting a company that does invaluable work in disaster relief situations, because however precious you think your Lifestraw is on your odyssey, you can imagine how precious this is for children in refugee camps and disaster zones world wide.
Find out more about Lifestraw's disaster relief action here
- Filters at least 4,000 liters of water
- Ultralight: weighs only 65g
- Removes up to 99.9999 percent of waterborne bacteria
- Removes up to 99.9 percent of waterborne protozoan cysts
- Removes up to 99.999% of microplastics
- Reduces turbidity by filtering particles of approx 0.2 microns
- Meets US EPA & NSF P231 drinking water standards for the removal of bacteria and parasites
- BPA Free, FDA approved, premium materials
- Uses no batteries or moving parts
- Dimensions: 1.26 x 7.7 in | 3.2 x 19.5 cm
- Life time: 5 years when stored at room temperature
"One of the Ten Things That Will Change The Way We Live" Forbes (February 2006)
"Invention of the Century" (December 2005)
"Innovation of the Year" Esquire (December 2005)
"Europe's Best Invention" Reader's Digest (July 2006)
"Best Invention of 2005" Time (November 2005)
2008 Saatchi & Saatchi Award for World Changing Ideas
2005 International Design Award
Well-Tech Innovation Technology Award
- Drink directly from lakes, rivers, and streams or fill a container to use your straw water filter on the go with protection against bacteria, parasites, microplastics, silt, sand, and cloudiness
- Enhanced microfilter performance helps to reduce clogging from sand and silt for better flow rate
- Ultralight and durable, pack it anywhere for your backup hydration, emergency, or on-the-go needs
- Unlimited shelf life means no need to worry about how long it’s been in your emergency go-bag unused
- Highly versatile: Can also be attached to most water bottles and to standard gravity hoses with removable threaded bottom cap
- Long-lasting membrane microfilter will last up to 4,000 L (1,000 gallons) of water, that’s enough drinking water for one for over 5 years