MSR's most liveable 2-person backpacking tent and well tested by our Outdoor People team. It's perfect for backpacking, bike-packing and just as nice at a festival. This is almost identical to the Hubba Hubba with sturdier (though heavier) construction, so it will laugh in the face of storms and survive being put up and taken down night after night after night!
The MSR Elixir 2 tent is an extremely livable performance camping and backpacking tent and an ideal option for adventurers seeking an easy-to-assemble tent at a great price. Unlike many tents in this class, the freestanding tent design offers true-to-size capacity for two and features two large doors plus new larger vestibules with 35% more space. The versatile tent balances breathable mesh fabric with solid canopy fabric to provide ventilation, warmth and privacy, while the included footprint offers multiple setup options, including a freestanding Fast & Light pitch with rainfly. Whether you're planning your first backpacking trip or your next one, the Elixir 2 tent is your remedy.
- Livable: Unique pole geometry optimizes headroom and fits two mats; adaptable rainfly allows for excellent views; built-in gear lofts and glow-in-the-dark zipper pulls enhance livability.
- Fast & Light Setup: Includes an MSR Elixir Footprint that allows for a lightweight Fast & Light setup with rainfly.
- Easy Setup: Freestanding system features color-coded poles, clips and webbing, plus red vestibules for fast and easy setup.
- Privacy: Mesh and solid fabric panels offer ventilation, warmth and privacy.
The tent weighs very little, 2.7 Kg, so great for backpacking, cycle touring or going to festivals. It also laughs in the face of heavy rain, a necessary trait for UK camping! Certainly there are lighter tents available but none that have the habitability, space and build quality that MSR manage to pack into such a small package. Yes this is heavier than the ultralight Hubba, but it is also far far tougher, so will keep you dry for years to come. It's also half the price!
The dual doors mean that you can both have your own personal vestibule come storage space and don't have to climb over each other in the middle of the night.
The single pole construction is such that you don't need to peg out the inner body, which makes it perfect for pitching on the beach or, at a pinch, in a car park!
MSR's attention to quality is clear from the detailing and the manufacturing standards of the hardware, its details like this that mean these tents have years of life in them.
If you want a demonstration, do come and ask!
The challenge of curating such a small selection of stock is that we have to know that what we are stocking is the best. This tent is definitely in that category.
- Colour: Red / White
- Packed weight: 2.77Kg
- Minimum weight: 2.24Kg
- Floor area: 2.69 sq. m.
- Vestibule area: 2.22 Sq. M.
- Interior peak height: 102cm
- Packed size: 51 x 17 cm x 17 cm
- Number of doors: 2
- Rainfly: 68D ripstop polyester 1500mm Polyurethane & DWR
- Canopy: 40D ripstop nylon DWR
- Floor: 70D taffeta nylon 3000mm polyurethane & DWR.
Wondering how to set up your tent? Check this out, so easy!