We couldn't be more excited that London is going to become a National Park City - the world's FIRST! So we thought we'd have a party and show how wild and amazing E8 is!
Come and join us at Netil Market for great music, inspiring talks, creative workshops, micro raft racing, flower crowns, tasty food and much more! Try your hand at whittling, forage the streets of London with John the Poacher, chill out in a hammock, make seed bombs for your guerrilla gardening...
Relax, learn, play, create, get connected!!
Most of the workshops are free, but space is limited, so please sign up!
There are all sorts of free workshops exploring nature and our experiences in nature...
- Wild Walks | See E8 through wilderness goggles... climb a tree, walk like a fox, become an eagle. All ages welcome (and you leave with a free explorers map!) Book here.
- Urban Foraging | Hackney's foraging celebrity, John the Poacher, will guide us through the urban undergrowth to discover the abundance of edibles under our very noses. 12:30-14:30, please book (subsidised cost of £10).
- Bare Foot Walk | Feel nature through your feet, let your senses take over... (all day)
- Free Massages | Ten minutes with the best and most nature connected holistic bodyworker in East London. Sign up on the day (longer slots available) .
- Green Woodworking with Abney Park Cemetery | The ancient art of whittling. The most mediative practice. Come make a pointy stick, or a spoon perhaps? All ages (children under parental supervision), drop-in.
- Knife and Axe Sharpening demo with Tom at Kitchen Provisions. Timings TBA.
- Talks from Plastic Free Hackney, Nearly Wild, London National Park City Campaign, Free Range Urban Kids, Reclaim the Power and our very own Cath Prisk.
- Facepainting | Camouflage with nature? Become a butterfly? A lady bird? A leaf? All ages, drop-in.
- Making nature crowns | Become one with nature by weaving yourself a flower crown. Then snap a shot in our #IAmANaturePerson photo booth! All ages, drop-in.
- Make you own herbal tea-bags and pick the brains of the wonderful team at Hackney Herbal! Drop-in.
- Weave your own landscape with natural and recycled materials. All ages. Drop-in.
- Micro raft-racing | We couldn't find a wild river nearby, so we are making one and challenging you all to make tiny rafts! All ages, drop-in.
- Make seed bombs and plant pots for the bees favourite wildflowers with ecoACTIVE! All ages, drop-in.
- Evening Film Screening of Project Wild Thing.
Meet the traders...
- Kitchen Provisions is the place to sharpen your axe. Seriously.
- We Do Nothing's sustainably sourced clothes are perfect for surfing, hiking or just looking good.
- The Botanical Workshop for plants to bring some green to your home.
- Klei Ceramics's plant pots for greening your indoors
- Soapsmith's handcrafted soaps with love and nature
- We Are Arrow's nature-inspired jewellery
- Kairaasi will help you go plastic free with beautifully made tiffin boxes
- The Worshipful Little Shop of Spectacles so you can see all nature has to offer!
- Outdoor People - for the greatest kit to make outdoor adventures all the better! 10% discount on the day!!
- Friends of the Earth, The Lea Valley,
Try the tasty street food or make your own picnic...
- The best Sardinian cheeses and meats from Capo Caccia
- Lem Lem Kitchen's modern African award winning Eritrean fusion tacos (soooo good!)
- Rice Lah will keep you feeling fresh with a noodle salad or lychee cocktail
- Luxury Flats wraps from Dalston's Ararat local family bakery filled with everything you need for a tastebud party.
- The best Danish bread from the Bread Station
- The finest coffee and cocktails from Terrone & Co
- Something for your sweet tooth... fruity milkshakes from Bad to the Cone.
Huge thanks to the GLA for the funding to make this free family and folk friendly festival happen!