We LOVE this backpack, GG's bestseller. The Mariposa can do it all - carry on luggage, weekend trips and of course long distance hikes.
With a removable internal frame, load lifters, and 7 built-in pockets, this is a gear-hauling workhorse that weighs in at just 2 pounds/1 kilo.
This is really unisex. Our CEO did not believe this, but after testing it for nearly two months can honestly say that its super comfy. For women look at the small or medium packs, for men more likely to be medium to large. Choose your hip belt to fit.
This award-winning pack’s roomy main pocket holds your shelter, clothing, sleeping pad and food. There are seven extra pockets - one mesh for wet stuff, two easy-to-reach for water and high-energy snacks, and the rest for whatever else. Made of custom 100 and 200 denier Robic nylon fabric, this tough, light pack delivers a very comfortable carry even with overloaded with 35 pounds of gear.
- New belt with added stiffener and stay integration for superior load transfer and comfort
- New unisex ergonomic belt shape
- New larger more functional integrated hipbelt pockets
- Unisex ergonomic harness for both men and women
- The Mariposa is best with loads under 30lbs but will handle up to 35 just fine
- Made of our custom 100 and 200 denier Robic nylon
- It comes with a SitLight pad and a removable stay
- The belt is sold separately to allow customers to choose the size they need
- OTT (Over-the-Top) closure system provides an easy secure closure
- Rear mesh pocket great for drying gear and other gear storage
- Custom air mesh fabric on shoulder straps and hipbelt for less friction and more comfort
- New trekking pole hardware for storing them outside the pack
- Right side bottle pockets accessible without taking off pack
- Internal hydration sleeve and drinking tube keeper loops on both shoulder straps
- Harness includes multiple attachment points for accessorizing
- Lashing loop doubles as ice axe holder
- Updated hipbelt includes new removable internal stay system
- Need help with the sizing? Find out how to properly fit a backpack!
Specs/MaterialsAverage Weight Small Mariposa
- Pack body: 17.2 oz / 487 g
- Pack frame: 2.7 oz / 76 g
- Sitlight pad: 1.8 oz / 51 g
- Total with no belt: 19.0 oz / 538 g
- Total with small belt: 28.0 oz / 795 g
- Total with medium belt: 28.7 oz / 814 g
- Total with large belt: 29.4 oz / 833 g
- Pack body: 18.4 oz / 521 g
- Pack frame: 3.0 oz / 85 g
- Sitlight pad: 2.1 oz / 60 g
- Total with no belt: 20.5 oz / 581 g
- Total with small belt: 29.8 oz / 844 g
- Total with medium belt: 30.5 oz / 865 g
- Total with large belt: 31.2 oz / 884 g
- Pack body: 19.5 oz / 552 g
- Pack frame: 3.5 oz / 99 g
- Sitlight pad: 2.6 oz / 75 g
- Total with no belt: 22.1 oz / 626 g
- Total with small belt: 31.9 oz / 904 g
- Total with medium belt: 32.6 oz / 924 g
- Total with large belt: 33.3 oz / 944 g
- Small belt: 6.3 oz / 181 g
- Medium belt: 7.0 oz / 199 g
- Large belt: 7.7 oz / 218 g
- 60 L total
- 36 L in main pack body to extension collar seam
- 24 L spread across 7 exterior pockets
- 35 lb maximum carry capacity, 30 lbs for comfort
- Height 22” / 55.9 cm to the extension collar only
- Width 11” / 27.9 cm
- Depth 7.5" / 19 cm
- Extension collar adds another 11.5" / 29.2 cm of height
- 100 & 200 denier Robic high-tensil strength nylon
- Select use of 70 denier double-rip ripstop nylon
- Select use of Darlington Mesh
- Select use of Supreme Air Mesh
- Select use of Foam
FAQsWill a Bear Canister fit inside a Mariposa?
Yes, all models of bear canisters will fit vertically in this pack! Smaller designs like the Bare Boxer and the Bear Vault 450 will fit horizontally in the main compartment.
How do I attach trekking poles or an ice axe to the backpack?
We suggest using our Pole Storage Bungee and then running that through one of the many attachment loops provided on the packs exterior. This will insure secure storage.
Browse our backpack comparison article!
Varies greatly depending on body type and how you wear your pack
- Small 17.25” (11.5" - 15.5" torso) (29 - 41 cm)
Generally fits people 5' 6" and under
- Medium 20.25” (15.5" - 19" torso) (41 - 50 cm)
Generally fits people 5'5" to 5'10"
- Large 23.25” (19.5" - 23.5" torso) (49 - 60+ cm)
Generally fits people 5'11" and up
- Small hip belt (24" - 34" waist) (61 - 86 cm)
- Medium hip belt (30" - 40" waist) (76 - 101 cm)
- Large hip belt (38" - 50" waist) (91.4 - 127 cm)