The Halo is our favorite entry-level backpacking tent. It's spacious, easy to put up and has loads of the features normally only found in much more expensive tents and isn't too heavy. The dual entrances mean you don't have to climb over each other getting out of the tent and the construction means the inside doesn't get wet while you pitch - it really is a very well thought out tent.
They make up the bread and butter of our tent rentals and we use them each year on our family camping trips and haven't had one break yet!
Here's the official list of specs, but if you want to come and see one in real life we can put one up for you in the yard outside the shop.
- Yunan Eco Alloy Poles - Extremely high quality poles made with acid free processing by Yunan. These poles provide excellent strength in high winds as well as being very light.
- Semi-geodesic - Self-supporting structure, providing excellent balance between weight and stability
- Flysheet and inner pitch together - Quick and easy to pitch and pack
- XD specification - Upgraded specification designed for situations where extra durability is required
- Extra strong thicker pegs
- Extra durable size 10 zip
- Identical poles - For ease of pitching
- Protex® 75D 5,000mm XD Ripstop Polyester Flysheet - highly waterproof and extremely durable fabric
- Porch groundsheet - Clean, dry storage area for boots and equipment
- 150 denier, 6,000mm polyester Oxford XD groundsheet - Waterproof, durable and reliable
- Breathable ripstop inner fabric - Allows condensation to pass through, for a comfortable night's sleep. Ripstop weave for extended durability.
- Twin flysheet doors - Allows easier access for two or more occupants, and/or additional storage
- O-shaped inner doors - Easy to open with one hand
- Part mesh inner door - Allows ventilation, whilst keeping bugs out
- Inner pockets - Conveniently positioned pockets for organising essential items
- Fast pack tent bag - Oversized opening for easy packing and compression straps to control pack size
- Line-Lok guyline runners - Lock securely, simple to release and high performance in all conditions
- Multiple reflective points - On pegging points for visibility in low light
- Vivid reflective high strength guylines - Provides high visibility in low light
- Factory taped seams - All flysheet and groundsheet seams are factory taped, giving a water tight seal
- Weather tested beyond the European standard EN5912 by certified test centre
- Fire retardant fabrics - Exceeds European EN5912 safety standard
- Pole First Aid Kit - One Emergency Pole Repair Sleeve & Spare pole section