Gorgeous UV-, chlorine- and sea-water resistant swimwear made from recycled fishing nets* in Bow, East London. Whether you are swimming for exercise, to teach your children or just relaxing, this cossie is easy to get into and out of and will make you look and feel fantastic.
MODEL WEARS SIZE 12 HENDRICKS.
This Signature Swimsuit is flattering and feminine, designed for active use - whether you're swimming regularly for exercise or relaxation, training for a triathlon or simply looking for a good quality holiday staple.
Select your dress size and bust size using the Muse Measurement sizing system to find your perfect fit.
Please note we only carry a small stock available immediately, if your size says 'coming soon' please contact us on email@example.com. We can usually get them in stock within a day or two unless the manufacturer is out of stock.
- Highly flattering shape. Designed to look and feel fantastic whatever your dress or bust size.
- Made of high quality performance Lycra® and super soft power mesh.
- Intelligent design using fabric panelling, under-bust elastic and soft rubber binding to support your bust.
- Low cut under your arms for chafe-free movement.
As with all D&B products, the Signature Swimsuit is designed with a real woman's body and shape in mind. To help you select your perfect fit, please see the size guide below or more detail on the Muse Measurement Page.
- Swimsuit is made from a stretch material made of 78% Polyamide (Recycled), 22% Lycra® (Extra Life).
- Swimwear fabric is made from ECONYL. ECONYL® is 100% regenerated nylon fibre made from fishnets and other nylon waste. These fibres make this swimwear two times more resistant to chlorine, sun cream and oil than standard lycra. (So it's not just a pretty cossie).
- All products are UV-resistant, chlorine and sea-water friendly.
- Made in London, UK.
- All swimwear products are machine wash friendly on a 40 degree wash (we recommend using the Guppy Friend to protect the water from microplastics)
- Please note that regular machine washing will fade colours over time.
- To ensure a long and happy life we recommend simply rinsing your Deakin and Blue costume in cold water and hanging out to dry after use.
More detail: Muse Measurement Page
Why Outdoor People sell swimwear
Despite 90% of parents agreeing that swimming is a life skill, a third of UK children are unable to swim*. And only 2% of schools surveyed last year delivered the government’s recommended 22 hours a year of swimming lessons.
These statistics, plus the proximity of London Fields Lido to our shop, meant when we met the lovely Rosie Cook, founder of the sustainably sourced and London-made swimwear company Deakin and Blue we begged to be one of her first stockists. We are super excited that we now hove a good selection of all her swimsuits to try on in the shop and buy online. And we are now starting to support the campaign to make 'wild swimming' be just 'swimming'.
So whether your weekend dip of choice is the local baths, on outdoor pool or the sea these costumes will make you feel amazing and secure, are easy to put on whatever your size and are UV-resistant, chlorine and sea-water friendly.
Eventually we'll sell kids costumes too, but for now whether you are teaching a child to swim or going by yourself, there is no excuse not to feel great in a swimming costume.
*and other recycled nylon sources
**Source: Swimming Teachers Association study of 2000 parents 2018 https://www.sta.co.uk/news/2017/06/12/a-third-of-uk-children-unable-to-swim-as-parents-struggle-with-time-and-money-to-teach-them/
***Source: Everyone Active Survey 2016 https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mums-refusing-teach-kids-how-8408732