Gorgeous UV-, chlorine- and sea-water resistant swimwear made from recycled fishing nets* in Bow, East London. Whether you are swimming for exercise, to teach your children or just relaxing, this bikini is super easy to get into and out of and will make you look and feel fantastic.
The Monroe shape swimcrop is designed to fit C-E cup busts. You’ll love the built-in bust support with luxe under-bust elastic for lift and shape. Sporty swimmer? This top is low-cut under the arms for active use without chafing.
The flattering high waisted bikini bottoms are perfect for lengths at your local pool, surfing the waves or simply lazing on a sun lounger. A firm but flush hold and made from our super soft, luxury Italian Lycra® made from ocean waste. Purchase them here.
You can choose to purchase the set or mix and match.
From September '19 Outdoor People will just stock sizes 10 - 16 Monroe. If you'd like other sizes just go to the Deakin and Blue main site. Please do let them know you saw them first here!
- Swimsuit is made from a stretch material made of 78% Polyamide (Recycled), 22% Lycra® (Extra Life).
- Swimwear fabric is made from ECONYL. ECONYL® is 100% regenerated nylon fibre made from fishnets and other nylon waste. These fibres make this swimwear two times more resistant to chlorine, sun cream and oil than standard lycra. (So it's not just a pretty cossie).
- All products are UV-resistant, chlorine and sea-water friendly.
- Made in London, UK.
- All swimwear products are machine wash friendly on a 40 degree wash (we recommend using the Guppy Friend to protect the water from microplastics)
- Please note that regular machine washing will fade colours over time.
- To ensure a long and happy life we recommend simply rinsing your Deakin and Blue costume in cold water and hanging out to dry after use.
Why Outdoor People sell swimwear
Despite 90% of parents agreeing that swimming is a life skill, a third of UK children are unable to swim*. And only 2% of schools surveyed last year delivered the government’s recommended 22 hours a year of swimming lessons.
These statistics, plus the proximity of London Fields Lido to our shop, meant when we met the lovely Rosie Cook, founder of the sustainably sourced and London-made swimwear company Deakin and Blue we begged to be one of her first stockists. We are super excited that we now hove a good selection of all her swimsuits to try on in the shop and buy online. And we are now starting to support the campaign to make 'wild swimming' be just 'swimming'.
So whether your weekend dip of choice is the local baths, on outdoor pool or the sea these costumes will make you feel amazing and secure, are easy to put on whatever your size and are UV-resistant, chlorine and sea-water friendly.
Eventually we'll sell kids costumes too, but for now whether you are teaching a child to swim or going by yourself, there is no excuse not to feel great in a swimming costume.
*and other recycled nylon sources
**Source: Swimming Teachers Association study of 2000 parents 2018 https://www.sta.co.uk/news/2017/06/12/a-third-of-uk-children-unable-to-swim-as-parents-struggle-with-time-and-money-to-teach-them/
***Source: Everyone Active Survey 2016 https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mums-refusing-teach-kids-how-8408732