Gorgeous UV-, chlorine- and sea-water resistant swimwear made from recycled fishing nets* in Bow, East London. Whether you are swimming for exercise, to teach your children or just relaxing, this bikini is super easy to get into and out of and will make you look and feel fantastic.
The zipped Bikini swimcrop Top is designed to fit C-E cup busts. You'll love the built-in bust support with under-bust elastic for lift and shape. Sporty swimmer? This top is low-cut under the arms for active use without chafing. The zip makes it super easy to slip on and off, and it feels super secure.
This flattering bikini is perfect for lengths at your local pool, surfing the waves or simply lazing on a sun lounger. It is particularly convenient under a wetsuit!
The bottoms offer a firm but flush hold and made from D&B's super soft, luxury Italian Lycra made from ocean waste. Purchase them here.
You can choose to purchase the set or mix and match.
We only have a small selection of these swim suits, so if you can't see your size, then just go to Deakin and Blue's site and order, letting them know you heard about them from us.
Swimsuits need to be tried on. When you get it please try your suit on over underwear. You have 60 days to return the swimsuit, and as long as its in the same condition it was when you received it we will give you a full refund or replace.
As with all D&B products, the Bikini is designed with a real woman's body and shape in mind. They can come up small and unlike other cossies keep their shape, so if in doubt, go for a slightly bigger size.
- Swimsuit is made from a stretch material made of 78% Polyamide (Recycled), 22% Lycra (Extra Life).
- Swimwear fabric is made from ECONYL. ECONYL is 100% regenerated nylon fibre made from fishnets and other nylon waste. These fibres make¬†this swimwear two times more resistant to chlorine, sun cream and oil than standard lycra (So it's not just a pretty cossie).
- All products are UV-resistant, chlorine and sea-water friendly.
- Made in London, UK.
- All swimwear products are machine wash friendly on a 40 degree wash (we recommend using the Guppy Friend to protect the water from microplastics)
- Please note that regular machine washing will fade colours over time.
- To ensure a long and happy life we recommend simply rinsing your Deakin and Blue costume in cold water and hanging out to dry after use.
Why Outdoor People sell swimwear
Despite 90% of parents agreeing that swimming is a life skill, a third of UK children are unable to swim*. And only 2% of schools surveyed last year delivered the government's recommended 22 hours a year of swimming lessons.
So whether your weekend dip of choice is the local baths, on outdoor pool or the sea these costumes will make you feel amazing and secure, are easy to put on whatever your size and are UV-resistant, chlorine and sea-water friendly.________________________________
*and other recycled nylon sources
**Source: Swimming Teachers Association study of 2000 parents 2018 https://www.sta.co.uk/news/2017/06/12/a-third-of-uk-children-unable-to-swim-as-parents-struggle-with-time-and-money-to-teach-them/
***Source: Everyone Active Survey 2016 https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mums-refusing-teach-kids-how-8408732