Are you going away this summer? Fancy trying out camping or getting a tent to take some friends? All bookings help us take families on our annual Outdoor Family Camping and year round Wild Walks.
HOW TO BOOK:
1) Choose your tent from the drop down menu above. If you want it for a weekend X1. If you want it for a week choose X2. For a fortnight? X4. And so on... (Note all tents are for sale too!)
2) Choose the Deposit (it's £100 deposit to protect us from breakages etc, it is fully refundable once the tent has been checked on its return)
3) Go to check out and choose 'Pick Up at Netil Market'
4) Reply to the email that confirms your hire purchase and tell us any special requirements - mattresses, sleeping bags, tables. Want it for bike packing or hiking? Tell us light weight. For comfy camping? We can offer camping duvets.
5) Pick it up, have a great camping weekend!!
6) Pack up the tent DRY. It must be dry and packed on return. If it is raining at the end of your wekend please unpack it and dry it out before returning.
7) Return the DRY tent packed up. We'll check it and repack it up neat for the next cistomer.
8) We put your hire fee into our piggy bank for Outdoor Family Camping and Hackney Wild Walks - directly getting kids outdoors
9) We return your deposit.
10) If it isn't possible for you to dry your tent (tiny flat, no time...) then please just return it damp quickly and we'll dry it out. We will then return 50% of the deposit.
Once you've dried and repacked anything larger than a tarp you will understand how much work this is. We are very happy to do so, but it is not a free service... If you leave a damp tent packed up longer than 4 days we will have to keep the full deposit as we will need to re-proof it.
All the details....
This summer we are offering camping packs for 3 - 4 day periods - so just pick your tent twice if you want the whole week.
All camping packs come with
- Sleeping mat(s) (either light weight or super thick)
If you'd like sleeping bags just let us know, children's ones are free and adult ones can be hired for the cleaning cost (£25). We also have a range to buy.
If you are going to a festival please pay 2 deposits. If you are on low income get in touch and we can give you a discount code.
We have some nearly new lightweight kit or hammocks to hire also, just email us for list.
When you hire kit from Outdoor People you save yourself the space and money of storing kit you only use infrequently. You also don't buy cheap kit that won't last, instead get to use tried and tested great kit that has been proven in campsites by our team over and over again.
Hiring these tents not only gives you an amazing holiday, it will also help subsidise our Outdoor Family Camping project.
Do email us if there is anything else you'd like: firstname.lastname@example.org
Part of the package is help and support for you so you enjoy camping as much as possible. We especially encourage family campers and have lots of kids sleeping bags for hire or to borrow if you'd like to bring them.
If you'd like to ask anything, or buy anything else to be there waiting for you (head torch, flask...) then do email: email@example.com.
Go on, make the outdoors easy and do it in style!