Investing in the OPAL Primary programme is an 18 month - 2 year commitment.
The standard package is £5,500 in Kent and £6000 in London.
Where this isn't part of whole school development funding, you can resource this from your sports premium, funding earmarked for pupil premium, for Covid Catch up support or for discretionary funds set aside to address elements such as behaviour, physical literacy, resilience, social skills, reducing bullying, reducing inequalities and SEND.
Your OPAL Mentor can support in structuring the evidence base if that is needed to secure the income.
As part of the programme you can expect:
- Eight mentor-supported, structured sessions (spread over 12-18 months or longer if needed), including:
- School grounds audit meeting;
- INSET on play for the whole school and Governors
- Three development sessions for the Play Working group;
- Grounds master planning workshop;
- Parents meeting (usually within a playday) or a session preparing for final audit.
- Award Audit and final plan meeting;
- Certificate presentation and celebration
- An ever expanding pack of over 120 resources detailing simple changes that will make a long term difference and including the guidance and templates that have worked in every type of school over the last 20 years.
- A dedicated mentor to offer advice, guidance and support all the way through the programme
- free access to OPAL Member benefits including monthly #TeaWithOPAL gatherings, OPAL College training sessions and the Playwork essentials course.
Optional add-ons available through Outdoor People:
- 10% discount on outdoor play and learning products bought through Outdoor People site.
- Outdoor weather gear package – 10% discount on waterproofs and wellies (for prices, please discuss with your OPAL mentor)
- Sandpit service, supporting you in planning the sandpit for your site and purchasing the sand and all the resources you need
- Guidance on hosting school camping trips with competitive gear hire package within London or Kent
Photo credit: Michael Follett